To ensure the long-term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordinating the transition of your business to your successors can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, removing the stress from your shoulders.
Contact us for more information on forming a plan that facilitates a hassle-free continuation of your business!
Self Managed Superannuation
Superannuation law is an intricate area and the team at Gibson & Partners are experts with regard to the tax aspects of superannuation and can assist with the management of your superannuation fund.
As the Government encourages Australians to take responsibility for and reach their financial retirement goals, citizens are repeatedly required to deal with superannuation funds. Self-managed superannuation is a means of saving for retirement. It enables you to control your investment strategy, reduce tax while obtaining tax benefits, and control administration costs.
Services we offer include:
- Establishing self-managed superannuation funds
- Completing information for the Australian Taxation Office
- Superannuation audits (by arrangement)
- Advice on compliance matters
- Advice on taxation benefits
- Advice on employer obligations
- Borrowing within SMSF
General advice warning
The information contained in this document is general advice, which means that it has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to your personal objectives, financial situation and needs. If this document includes general advice about the acquisition or possible acquisition of a financial product, you should obtain and read the Product Disclosure Statement which relates to the financial product before making a decision about whether to acquire the product.
Somerton Financial Services Pty Ltd (ASIC No. 1258389) ABN 41 621 624 735 is a Corporate Authorised Representative of The SMSF Expert Pty Ltd ABN 17 155 686 356, Australian Financial Services Licence Number 445113.
Please click here for the Financial Services Guide.
At Gibson & Partners we offer a full range of taxation services. We offer advice on all businesses based on proven knowledge and experience. Our proactive approach ensures we deliver consistent service and build solid relationships that stand the test of time.
Taxation can be a major cost to your business. We will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. We provide a complete service of assistance and advice in each of these areas:
- Preparing activity statements and advice on tax payments
- GST/FBT obligations
- Advice on, and implementation of, tax effective trust structures for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Managing any ATO audits or disputes
The GST system is a complex and confusing one. Consequently Gibson & Partners ensures our team remains up to date with any changes, enabling us to offer you accurate advice.
Every transaction now has an associated GST issue. We are experienced in these issues and can offer expert advice on the GST implications for your business. The GST-related services we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Advice on registering for GST
- Filing and adjusting GST returns
- ATO audit assistance
A trust provides a valuable way to protect the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others. Our extensive experience with trusts enables us to offer specialist advice on trust formation and ensures all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in trust administration can prove invaluable. We can assist with:
- Preparing and executing the vital documentation required for trust formation
- Attending to the special requirements involved in reporting for trusts
- Completing the trust administration:
- Minute-keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements and guaranteed to fulfill its purpose!
Am I getting the best price for the sale of my business? Is the asking price too much? An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property.
We are trained and experienced in business valuations and can provide you with simple guidelines and formulae to determine the value of your business or property. We can also appear in court or for arbitration as expert witnesses in relation to business valuations.
Choose Gibson & Partners for a professional, accurate valuation service!
Company legislation requires businesses to perform several administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you comply with the Corporations Law. The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
At Gibson & Partners we can relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing annual returns on your behalf
- Preparing all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintaining statutory books
- Assistance with changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Bonus issues
- Share transfers
- Registered office facility
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you get back to running your business.
At Gibson & Partners we have the expertise required to assist you in a variety of areas relating to residential and commercial property.
The services we offer include:
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance in tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties!
MYOB and Xero Expertise
At Gibson & Partners we provide a complete service of assistance and advice in each of these areas:
- Day to day issues for account allocation and entering of transactions
- Purchasing of the MYOB/Xero software for your needs
- Setup of your MYOB/Xero data file specific to your business, including Accounts List, Tax Codes, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Bank Reconciliations, Linked Accounts and Payroll
- Training suited to your needs
Contact us if you have one or many queries on your MYOB/Xero data file whether it be data entry or accounting.
Modern business requires up-to-date, accurate financial information. We can relieve you and your staff of the enormous burden of all your bookkeeping and accounting needs, including preparation of your annual accounts and periodic management accounts for tax, business appraisal, and planning purposes.
We will discuss your requirements with you and provide information relevant to your particular situation, as well as constructive advice, on a regular basis.
If you have a good idea for a new business venture but don't have expertise in the legal or financial aspects of creating a new business, we can help you:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - Sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cash flow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish a good working relationship with your bank
- Register for an Australian Business Number with the ATO
- Complete registration procedures with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
Let us help you turn your business idea into a reality!
Are you holding too much inventory? Is this the right time to expand your business? Are you going to have enough cash to pay all your expenses every month? Surviving in today's business climate requires you to spend more time working on your business than in it.
We can provide you with accurate, timely, informative cash flow forecasting reports that enable you to:
- Realise and understand when cash is available
- Plan and prepare for expansion, stock control, and taxes
- Analyse and anticipate key expenses
Equipped with this information, we'll work with you to develop action strategies that improve your bottom line.
A wide range of financing options exist each with their pros and cons. At Gibson & Partners we know the financial market and have the experience to assist you in securing the best financing option for your personal and business goals. Our experience in the market means we can also structure debt upon acquisition to maximise tax advantages.
Let our experienced team explore the best financing options with you to get your business closer to its goals!
Our aim is to ensure your business achieves the potential it is capable of. We have the know-how and experience to offer advice that helps you run your business more effectively.
We are practiced in acting as a sounding board for management, bringing years of experience in business growth to the relationship. We can identify key performance indicators in your business, through which you will see positive changes occurring with the help of our professional consultants.
We check that your business is as competitive, focused, and profitable as it can be, then offer flexible strategies, designed to address the issues affecting your business.
Let us give your business a health check! Take the practical advice we can provide to ensure the ongoing success of your venture.
Administering your payroll can be time-consuming and divert you from your core business activities. Added to this, payroll and employment legislation are growing increasingly complex.
We can relieve you of this burden by providing a comprehensive, confidential payroll service that includes:
- Customised payslips
- Administration of PAYG, statutory sick pay, and annual leave
- ATO filing
- Summaries and analyses of staff costs
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, and termination payments
Even if you only have a few employees, you will save by engaging us to administer your payroll.
A multitude of risks exist in today's business environment. At Gibson & Partners we pride ourselves in our proven ability to accurately assess risk and protect you from vulnerabilities inherent in your enterprise. An effective risk management strategy improves the performance of your business, enables you to complete goals, and protects the value of your business.
Our risk assessment includes:
- Assembling relevant information about your business and market
- Identifying the major risks facing your organisation
- Developing a risk strategy
- Implementing the risk management procedures
The pressures of daily business can often mean strategic planning takes a back seat, but to have a successful business it is vital to plan ahead. We'll help you develop a strategic plan that examines where you want your business to be in the next 3-5 years and exactly how you and your team can achieve these aims and objectives.
Your strategic plan will:
- Define the characteristics of your company in three to five years
- Identify your competitors
- Define your objectives and financial goals
- Include an effective implementation strategy to achieve your goals